Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible UCFL Return
My name is Damien Murray. Some of you may know me, some may not but I was a manager on and off since season 1. I look in from time to time to see how my old teams are doing and noticed recently that the site was down. I left it a while and noticed a couple of days ago that the site was still down.

I messaged James to see if I can try and help get things back up. Before I try to look at what can be done, I would like to find out the level of interest. Which managers would be interested in restarting UCFL, which teams they manage etc. Please don't take offence but I don't want to spend hours sorting things out and there are not enough managers. 

I will also put a post of the UCFL Facebook page to see how many of the members there want to rejoin. 

Initially, I can go a bit old school and basically run stuff and post up items onto this forum. It will probably not have all the initial functions straight away but I hope (with help if anyone is offering) to get a reasonable amount of functionality. If the previous admins get into a position to continue with their previous roles, I am more than happy to step aside later.

If you have contact with any other managers or prospective managers, please send them over to try to get the interest back. 

Bit initially, please reply (with your team name) if you are interested in continuing with UCFL.
Its been well over 6 months since the last competitive game and next to zero updates over that time so I doubt people will be checking regularly on this forum (made in Nov17?) to see this post and respond. The best guess of how many are interested would be emailing each manager individually and asking for feedback, the only other thing is looking at the ten names that registered on the forum late November 2017 when it was possible to post something on a ucfl site. I'd guess those dozen but probably 20 would likely come back assuming they got their clubs back that they had invested time and effort into. A plea on here is going to get you next to zero replies unfortunately.

Former Wombledon Wizards Boss
(02-13-2018, 05:09 PM)Simon Wrote: Its been well over 6 months since the last competitive game and next to zero updates over that time so I doubt people will be checking regularly on this forum (made in Nov17?) to see this post and respond. The best guess of how many are interested would be emailing each manager individually and asking for feedback, the only other thing is looking at the ten names that registered on the forum late November 2017 when it was possible to post something on a ucfl site. I'd guess those dozen but probably 20 would likely come back assuming they got their clubs back that they had invested time and effort into. A plea on here is going to get you next to zero replies unfortunately.

Former Wombledon Wizards Boss

I agree that one big stumbling block will be getting a decent number of managers back. I have posted PM's on here in the hope that it may show up on each persons e-mail (no idea if it does), the Facebook group and also from my personal Facebook. The next thing I will try is the UCFL e-mail's (does each team still get an auto-forwarded email). 

If there aren't enough to make it worthwhile, then there is no point sadly. How many would you think we would need? My thought is initially a minimum of 24 (2 divisions of 12), but couldn't have any less.
Getting the word out and getting the numbers back up will be difficult, or perhaps just slow, particularly if things look halfhearted initially.

My thought on numbers is that if we can run it as continuing from where it left off might be easier as that way mangers will find it easier to come back if they can have their old teams and not everyone will necessarily hear right away or even be wiling to commit until things are actually running again. I also think it might be easier and quicker than trying to restructure etc. It might of course mean a few teams are playing a bit of 442N for a little while (and have the other consequences of not being actively managed).
I wouldn't rely on this forum as fully functional, I didn't receive a PM or anything and I don't think the fa got as far as putting @ucfl.co.uk back up. If you know one of the admins who have all the email addresses then that would be the best bet I think. You could setup the basic structure required to run a season and keep all positions open to former managers, I think after the season you will sure to have 24 managers but like Neil says, it'll take that season for people to come back so you may only start with 15.

The only reason I visit UCFL so often is because I still have it as a preset tab bookmark to open whenever I open Chrome, I would have seen this after a few weeks otherwise.
A post (with Gary's permission) at the SSL google group has had a few replies. Hopefully that will translate into some replies here as well.

I think at this stage James would be the only one who could say anything about the emails, I expect it would depend on how people are setup when they register.
As stated on my SSL reply, happy to continue would prefer to stay as Arctic Storm manager
Thanks Neil and David.

Neil, I tried to end an email out but all were returned. The forwarding obviously wasn't set up. Never mind.

David, I've put you down as Arctic Storm manager if we get things going.